Friday, May 9, 2008

Several weeks ago we discovered that there were three robin eggs in a nest on our porch. Last week one day I peeked into the nest and saw that there were only two eggs. Later that day Alex found the lost egg broken and in the mulch near the porch.....but we still had hope for the remaining eggs.
The next day I found another of the eggs broken.....on the porch. The remaining single egg was all alone in the nest and the mother never came back. Maybe a cat? Another bird? A naughty neighborhood kid? (I know it wasn't my kids as they were so excited about the eggs and anxiously waiting for them to hatch!:)) Anyway, I decided to let the kids hold the egg. They were so excited and so gentle.


It is so blue....or is it green?
Is there a baby bird in here? Exploring, touching, questioning, growing......ahh.....childhood!


No comments: